Its a wonderfully moving story of Tony Dungy's life. The highs and the lows. The successes and the struggles. They did a great job I will admit that it brought me to tears several times. Tony is an incredibly thoughtful man. He used every experience in his life to learn and to grow. He has incredibly faith in God. He loves his family in amazing ways. He was always looking to improve the lives of those around himself.
Things I liked in/learned from this book:
- Extraordinary things happen when you focus on doing the ordinary things better than anyone else.
- Use everything you experience as a learning tool to help you grow.
- Recognize your position in life as a gift and use that platform for good.
- Value people and keep your priorities aligned appropriately. (God. Family. Job.)
- Stay the course. Don't doubt yourself or your values if they don't seem to yield the right results. Hang in there.
- Sometimes life is hard. But even when life will never be the same again, it won't always feel the way it does in the moment.
At some point in life's journey, professionally and personally, we have to be able to trust our preparation. When we've done everything we can, we need to wrap things up and move on....Higher priorities, such as spending time with God and family, must not be afterthoughts jammed into your schedule. But doing so requires faith-faith in your preparation, faith in your outcome, and for me, faith that God is watching over me, even when I can't understand His plan.
I sincerely hope you pick up this book and read it. I'm confident you will be glad you did.
Here's an interview with Tony Dungy:

No comments:
Post a Comment