And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.As much as I love this verse, I am beginning to realize that I may not truly understand or believe it yet. friend has recently been trying to convince me to start living like I believe this verse on a day-to-day level.
You see, I tend to think about this verse as a great call to faith in times when things don't seem so great. I have repeated it to myself over and over again when I'm frustrated, or struggling with something, or feeling burned out and exhausted. Its brought me hope over the years. This verse has helped me through some difficult times.
But what does my friend mean when they point out that I don't believe this on a day-to-day level? Well, most days aren't so difficult that this verse has felt necessary. You see, I have tended to read this verse as "we know that in bad things God works for the good of those who love Him..." But that is not what the verse says.
This verse says, "...in all things...". ALL things. That means that in the mundane things, God is working for my good. It means that in the good things, God is working for my good. In the seemingly meaningless things,...God is working for my good. God is ALWAYS working for my good. He is on my side. He has my best interests in mind. He loves me and wants to give me the best.
I can have confidence that in any situation or circumstance, in any decision or action, God will carry the weight of responsibility for making it work out for my good. As long as I keep trying to follow Him, and keep trying to seek His will and desires, I can't miss. I can swing for the fence and be confident that God is in control of the outcome. I may hit a home run out of the ballpark - its under His watchful eye. I may strike out - He will instruct me and help me to grow. I may have to take one for the team that helps someone else, but He has the bigger picture in mind. I may get a hit that looks like nothing much, but if I run with passion, and get the right bounces, I may get an inside-the-park home run with Him cheering me on and waving me home with all His might.
I choose to put my confidence in the One with my best interests at heart and the power to move mountains in His words.

1 comment:
we all need to remember this... it's easier sad than done.. faith is a daily choice
Post a Comment