Well, its been a while since I've written a blog post. I've been really bad about writing this blog. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time keeping with it. I think part of the problem may be that I want every post to be something really meaningful or insightful instead of just being a collection of my thoughts as I go about life. The truth is, I'm only insightful some of the time.
So from now on I hope my blog will represent that more accurately. I always feel enriched when I get the ideas that are running through my head out in some form - either talking to people face to face (still my favorite option) or writing here. I hope to make sharing my ideas a bigger priority in 2011. But we'll see.
2010 has been an interesting and unexpected year.
- I finished my thesis (and am not finished with grad school). It was on standards based grading. Blah Blah boring boring unless (and maybe even if) you're a teacher who hates when kids care more about a number that has virtually no information about their knowledge and content skills related to your subject.
- I tried dating for the first time since college. I'm single right now. I redefined what dating "success" means to me.
- I held onto my enjoyment of bulleted lists. For the record, I much prefer bullets over numbers. The pressure to make sure things are in order gets annoying.
- I switched from acoustic guitar to electric guitar on the worship team. Still trying to figure out how to play electric guitar.
- I took up hunting. In my time in the woods I've had a lot of time to think and pray. I had a few ideas that could eventually turn into blog posts. One of those ideas is the frightening number of comparisons between my dating life and my hunting life. Again,..."success" means something different to me afterwards than when I started. Maybe I'll write about that one. But I don't expect very many of them to make it. That was then. This is now. I'm starting over.
- My childhood dog passed away. Tess was a beautiful, wonderful, loving dog. I miss her all the time. I had forgotten how difficult it is to lose someone who loves you so unconditionally and completely and truly ignores all of your faults. I would never have become the person I am without experiencing the love of a dog. I know it sounds ridiculous. But sometimes I'm a ridiculous person. Get over it. And check out the cute pictures of my dog at the bottom of the page. Try to avoid getting distracted by the killer glasses and parted haircut that was a studly 10 year old Jeff. No wonder I need to redefine success.
![]() |
| Gotta love my killer smile. |
![]() |
| Didn't know someone could look so thoughtful playing with a dog, did ya? |
![]() |
Yes, I realize my brother is the "looker" in the family. |
Well, I guess that in 2010 I learned that I need to (as the saying goes) expect the unexpected. 2011 will bring its own unexpected things. Good and bad. And thats ok. I'll trust that God has it all in control.




No comments:
Post a Comment