I don't know if anyone still gets updates about this blog or not. Its been a long time since I've posted (check the dates...it adds up to like 17 months.)
Either way, it may be because I just had my 26th birthday, or because I ran into a few random people from my past (whom I love deeply for the impact they had on my life), but I have been feeling rather reminiscent today.
I just wanted to say that the last 26 years have had ups and downs, but have been great. I really am thankful for all that my life has been, and honestly, for all that my life will become. Life is unpredictable. So I can't say that what I expect. But I know that it will be exciting and I look forward to the adventure.
At times I am tempted to fear what is ahead because I don't really know what twists and turns are ahead. But I am praying not that they will be bearable or that I will have the strength I need to make it through; I do not pray that I will see them coming or that I will have the wisdom to tackle them; I only pray that God will keep me in His hands the way that He has this far; I pray that I will turn nowhere but to Him as life races by - in the good AND bad situations.
It is odd that reminiscence can give such a sense of hope; so much of life has changed, it would be silly to expect things to look anything like the past. But when I reminisce about my life, I see one thing: God's mighty, loving hand directing the waters around me and meeting my every need in ways I would never expect, and in ways that exceed any expectations I could ever hold. So tonight, I reminisce about the future because hindsight is giving me 20/20 vision.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment