First of all, like everyone else who starts a blog, I will justify my reasons for starting this blog.
Once upon a time, not so long ago, I was talking to my friend Ben who said that it always seemed like I had a story or something I was waiting to share when we hung out. He commented that it seemed like a blog would be a good outlet for me. Its true. I have a lot of things going on in my head that I want to get out. I do realize that not everyone cares or is interested in my thoughts and have tried to be respectful of that.
This blog should allow me to keep track of my thoughts and share them with those who care enough to peruse them. I am not sure exactly what route this will end up taking, but it is here.
Coincidentally, I have recently noticed that living the digital life is incredibly compartmentalized. People do their own thing and revolve through their own minute worlds. Even though there are so many powerful ways to connect with people via the internet and other digital communications media, people seem as lonely as ever (or possibly even more so). The choose-your-own (on-demand) entertainment drive has caused people to have lost touch with true diversity - dealing with things that happen to come into your life. People will only encounter what they want to. I have recently felt challenged to expand my horizons and pursue people because people are unique and they are beautiful for it. I am beginning to see beauty even in those people I don't get along with because I see God's hand in their uniqueness. I want to enjoy God's creativity and stop limiting myself.
Anyway, here's to living the digital life with purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jeffrey - I think that is a wonderful reason to start a blog and I think you should come and partake in the Duquesen program I am in. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading your thoughts and wish that I had time to do something similar.
- Dan
Post a Comment