Job, to his friends, as they accused him of doing wrong before God, paints a beautiful picture of what it means to stand in confidence before God.
"For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19:25-27
Job sees that regardless of our temporary troubles, there is something greater on the way. Job does not condemn his friends, but shows them his firm understanding of the love of God. The edge to his tone in this passage (and the surrounding verses) almost sounds more like He wants his friends to see how great God is. His friends had just finished giving him some very biblical sounding advice, which many people would have accepted. But Job is in a place of deeper relationship with God than merely a sound, scriptural advice can stand for. He knows God.
We do not need to be in the midst of any trials to see the value of what Job is saying to us. Seek the Lord's face earnestly and passionately, at all times, with eyes on eternity, and the intimacy of relationship with Him will guide you through all circumstances. May we all be blessed with this holy perspective.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment